"For whoever does the will of my heavenly Father is my brother, and sister, and mother."
"A clean heart create for him, God; renew in me a steadfast spirit." Psalm 51:12
These articles and presentations reflect on the way we look at elements of our faith:
- Video - "Attitude of Gratitude" - In this video, we explore the gifts God has given us and how we offer a proper response in the attitude we respond with.
- "Creation – The Distinctive Christian View” - I wrote this paper for Christian Anthropology. This paper discusses how Christians view creation.
- '"Improving Too Fast to Improve" - We will live in our world where technology is advancing very rapidly. In this reflection I explore the question is the rapid rate of advancing technology a good thing
- "How Do Our Attachments Affect Our Relationship with Jesus?" - How do the attachments we form affect our relationship with God?
- "Keeping the Lord's Day: What Does It Mean to Me?"- The Third Commandment tells us to keep the Sabbath Holy. What does this mean in a world that is so busy that Sunday is no longer a day of rest?
- "What It Means To Me To Be Catholic?" - Just the tip of the iceberg about what it means to be Catholic.
- "What It Means to be a Church" - We come to church. We talk about church but what does it really mean to be a church. Is it about the building, community, mission, or faith? In this presentation, Fr. Jeff explores these questions and what we are to do as a church.
- "Are They Rules or a Way of Life?" - The Ten Commandments are given to us by God. They are often viewed as legal code to be followed. They are more than that. The Beatitudes speak of how we receive what we give to others. In this presentation, Fr. Jeff will speak about both the Commandments and the Beatitudes are a way of life that helps be better Christian disciples.
- "Where Do We Go For Truth?" - Are you searching for answers? Are you searching for Truth? Relativism is on the rise in our world, teaching that there is no truth. This is not what our faith teaches. We are free to make our own choices but our faith does have something to offer. Jesus is the way and the truth and life (John 14:6). In this presentation Fr. Jeff discusses “Truth” and provide some guidance how we search for God’s Truth so that we make good choices and reject evil.